Bear Creek Greenway

Trail Map

Description Suggest an Edit

The Bear Creek Greenway is an 18.5-mile paved multi-use trail that travels through creek-side woods and natural areas, connecting five communities and eight parks along its course. The main portion of the trail runs for 17.5 miles from Central Point, through the heart of Medford, to Ashland. A 1-mile section of trail recently opened north of the Jackson County Expo/Fairgrounds. Plans are in the works to join the disconnected trail segments with a path through the Expo property in the near future.

The greenway provides a serene place to exercise, bird watch or simply enjoy a quiet escape to nature. Benches located along the trail offer a place to sit and relax. Walkers, joggers, bicyclists, skaters and wheelchair users are all welcome, and horses are allowed on designated portions in Central Point and Talent.

The trail is louder in some places where it follows Interstate 5 and State Route 99. Some of the notable parks along the route include Bear Creek Park and U.S. Cellular Park in Medford and a popular dog park just north of the southern terminus in Ashland.

Parking and Trail Access

There are many places to access the Bear Creek Greenway. In Ashland, take Exit 19 from I-5 and turn south on Valley View Road towards Ashland. Go left on Eagle Mill Road; there is a trailhead near the corner of Eagle Mill and Valley View. In Talent, access the trail from Lynn Newbry Park, just off of I-5 (Exit 21) towards Talent. In Phoenix, access the trail from Blue Heron Park, located on the south end of town, just east of Oak Street and SR 99.

In Medford, access the trail from U.S. Cellular Park, Bear Creek Park, Hawthorne Park or Railroad Park. In Central Point, the trail can be accessed just off of I-5 via Exit 33. Go east on Pine Street, then north (left) on Peninger Road. There is a parking area immediately on the right at the corner of Pine and Peninger.

Reviews

Park at Dog Park in Ashland

   May, 2015 by fiyero

We started in Ashland (had trouble finding the start of the trail and where to park at first) and rode to Medford and back. I would say about 85% was very enjoyable and nice scenery. The other 15% was a little sketchy, but not enough to recommend against ...read more

US Cellular Park to South end.

   December, 2014 by trail53link

Rode this section today and found it very pleasant. The first two miles have some repair going on and more root heave than the North half. The trail detours at Fern Valley Rd. due to construction but is easily navigated. After the detour, the asphalt ...read more

US Cellular Park to north end.

   December, 2014 by trail53link

Rode this today and enjoyed it thoroughly. The asphalt is in excellent condition and the scenery is great considering it's urban setting. The trail is completely paved now contrary to what their brochures say. I would have rated it higher if not for ...read more