The Grand River Trail provides an important connection between Ottawa County and Kent Trails. With bridges over Rush and Buck creek and an underpass of 28th/Wilson street, this is the safest way to travel between Georgetown Township and Grand Rapids, avoiding Chicago Drive and railroad tracks completely.
The route continues onto Indian Mounds Drive as a "split road" with the North lane dedicated to bidirectional bicycle/foot traffic, and the South lane is a one way Eastbound only automobile traffic street with a 25 MPH speed limit.
A connector is planned for 2010 to extend the Buck Creek trail to the Grand River http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/03/grandville_dda_to_fund_most_of.html
Parking and Trail Access
The trailhead is located at:
15 Baldwin St SW
Jenison, MI 49428
From the West:
* Follow Baldwin Street East all the way to the end (do not turn onto Main St)
* Before the on-ramp to I-196 East, turn left (North) towards the Grandville Clean Water Treatment Plant
* Just after the bridge is a parking lot to the right (across from the entrance to the plant)
Parking is also available at:
4243 Indian Mounds Dr SW
Grandville, MI 49418
From the East:
* I-196 Exit 70 (70B Westbound)
* Turn right at 28th St/M-11 under I-196 viaduct
* Right on Indian Mounds before the bridge over the Grand River
* Left before the one way bike lane begins
* Parking lot and boat launch are South of the underpass for Wilson Avenue
I went down the trail 6-24-13. The trail was horrible because it had long patches of mud. I barely made it through the mud and fallen tree limbs. It had a 12 inch tree fallen over the trail.
I called the city of Grandville about the condition. They told ...
Beautiful Scenic connector trail Excellent for Bicycle commuters headed north
Shady, beautiful trail, avoids traffic, scenic view of creek and river.
EXCELLENT for Bicylists.
I use this trail for commuting to work. Recently acquired a snow bike in hopes of using to continue commute through winter. Unfortunately the trail is ...
Not the best BIKING trail, fine for walking (usually)
This is a nice trail that connects Jenison to Grandville and the Kent Trails. It is very shaded and runs right near the river. However, if you are riding a bike, I would skip this section of trail.
I live in Georgetown Township, and love to ride the ...