The Santa Ana River trail is a 12-foot wide path following the cement-lined Santa Ana River. The San Bernardino portion of the trail runs between Arlington Avenue, where Norco and Riverside meet, and Waterman Avenue in San Bernardino. The trail passes through Santa Ana River Regional Park.
The popular trail links neighborhoods with business and shopping districts. Once it is linked with the Orange County
section of the trail, it will also link with the Pacific Coast. In addition, plans for extending the trail all the way to Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains, creating a 110-mile trail corridor.
- Hidden Valley Wildlife Area: 11401 Arlington Ave.
- Mary Tyo Equestrian Trailhead: Southeast corner of Ridgeview Ave. and Limonite Ave.
- Martha McLean/Anza Narrows: 5759 Jurupa Ave.
- Rancho Jurupa Park: 4800 Crestmore Rd.
- Fairmont Park: 2601 Fairmont Blvd.
- Carlson Dog Park: 4700 Buena Vista Ave. San Bernardino County:
- La Cadena Dr. just north of Tropica Rancho Rd., Colton
- South E St. just north of Hospitality Ln., San Bernardino
- S. Waterman Ave. just north of Vanderbilt Ln., San Bernardino
I tried this trail a week after riding the Kern river trail and was disappointed with this trail. It seemed kind of dirty. Also, that day it was really hot (not the trails fault). I'll try it again someday, though, and see if my opinion changes.
Correction to my last submittal. The Quality Inn mentioned is in SAN BERNARDINO....not Riverside. Sorry about that
I would have rated it higher but I have been spoiled by trails like the Centennials and the Trail of the Couer D'Alenes in Washington and Idaho. They are hard to beat. I've been living in SoCal for about five months now and have yet to ride any that compare. ...