- Find a Trail
- My TrailLink
- Explore Trails
- About Us
- Get Involved
Leon Creek Greenway is a tranquil oasis through western San Antonio. The main pathway begins at Loop 1604 and winds its way south for 18 miles along the creek. It’s fairly flat with some gentle slopes and is dotted with small ponds, including Earl Scott Pond near its northern end, which is home to a variety of birds and wildlife.
The trail runs adjacent to many parks, including O.P. Schnabel Park, known for its natural beauty, steep cliffs, and many amenities, including athletic fields, picnic tables, nature trails, and a YMCA facility. Farther south, a 2.6-mile section of the trail runs through Rodriguez County Park and Levi Strauss Park, while another section in Pearsall Park is 1.5 miles.
There are several places to park along the trail:
- Rohde Park (11777 Spring Rain)
- Leon Vista Trailhead (intersection of Whitby Road and Rochelle Street)
- VIA Ingram Transit Center (3215 N. Western Drive); bus access is also available here
- Rodriguez County Park (41623 Jerome Road)
- Levi Strauss Park (6100 Old Highway 90 W.)
- Pearsall Park (4700 Old Pearsall Road)
TrailLink is a free service provided by Rails-to-Trails conservancy
(a non-profit) and we need your support!