- Find a Trail
- My TrailLink
- Explore Trails
- About Us
- Get Involved
The Gary L. Haller Trail lies within scenic Mill Creek Streamway Park. Although the trail was not built on a former railroad, it parallels an active rail line for about 6 miles of its length at its southern end in a scenario known as rail-with-trail.
The paved pathway runs from the Kansas River at Nelson Island south to Olathe. About 4 miles of trail are also designated for equestrians.
Along the way you will find numerous shelters, picnic areas, drinking fountains, playgrounds, and restrooms. The trail is an important connecting corridor for the communities it links and a model urban trail system. There are some steep sections of the trail.
Access and parking for the Gary L. Haller Trail are as follows:
* 4731 Wilder Road near the intersection with Holliday Drive, Shawnee
* north of Shawnee Mission Parkway at 5946 Barker Road, Shawnee
* 19405 Midland Drive (west of I-435) at Shawnee Mission Parkway & Midland Drive, Shawnee
* Shawnee Mission Park near Shelter 8 and North end of dam, Lenexa
* 19865 W. 87th Lane, Lenexa
* 18450 W. 95th Street, Lenexa;
* 11499 S. Millview, west of Ridgeview Road, Olathe
* 119th & Northgate, east of Woodland Avenue, Olathe
For a detailed map of access points and amenities, view the local map.
TrailLink is a free service provided by Rails-to-Trails conservancy
(a non-profit) and we need your support!